Saturday, January 1, 2011

A painting a day

Happy New Year!! 
Still wet on the easel...

Red Dinghy
8 x 11
Acrylic on Canvas

Best advice so far for the new year:
Continue to do one thing really well...
Stop doing one thing you don't enjoy...
Start something new you always wanted to do!!
We all have new year resolutions, some we stick to, some we don't.
Getting inspired to get to an easel for a short time everyday is what I hope to achieve in the next year (which could be a bit unrealistic) so, ok, maybe every-other day... but since it's Jan. 1st and the motivation is there to do something different, I'm goin with it!
My plan is to begin a series of small quick one to two hour paintings in a
variety of mediums as often as I can.
What better way to practice than to do it daily...
My journey as an artist is never-ending,
hopefully I will set out to learn a whole lot more,
get a bit improved as I go, and see where the wind blows me!!!!
Be sure to check back in and see what's at my easel!!

1 comment: