Sunday, January 30, 2011

Red in Bloom


Red in Bloom
8 x 10
Acrylic on Canvas

"Everyone discusses my art and
pretends to understand,
as if it were necessary to understand,
when it is simply necessary to love."
Claude Monet
Reference photo I took was of a wild patch of flowers in New England.
I loved the bright bold colors and wanted to see if I could capture some of them.
Loved Monet's work of Wild Poppies and
Jeanne-Marguerite Lecadre in the Garden
So I thought I'd try to do the blooms in a
quick impressionistic technique...
not quite like Monet (of course)...lol
but good to practice anyhow!!!

I painted a light blue background color for sky
and added a mass of green along the bottom.
Painted in some trees and added leaves and blooms
by dabbing on a variety of color ontop of background
then added some stems for flowers in a variety of green mixtures.
I could get used to this style of painting!!!
Monet is truly a master, an inspiration
and truly loved!!!
After a bit more of color and value study,
 I'll try and try again!

Check back soon!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment